Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Delicious: La Roux "Sidetracked"

Are you looking at where my jaw dropped on the floor after I listened to this?

From the hands of Renaissance comes a beautifully crafted
mixtape featuring the omnitalented Ms. Elly Jackson.

Here's a tracklist:
1. Japan – I Second That Emotion
2. Heaven 17 – Come Live With Me
3. Joyce Sims – (You Are My) All And All
4. Hally & Kongo Band – Afrikan Man
5. Fever Ray – When I Grow Up (D. Lissvik Version)
6. Doris Troy – Just One Look
7. Freur – Doot Doot
8. Jam Crew – Exotic Nations
9. Ellis, Beggs & Howard – Big Bubbles, No Troubles
10. Fox the Fox – Precious Little Diamond
11. Tears or Fears – Suffer The Children
12. Blancmange – What’s Your Problem?
13. I Blame Coco – Self Machine (Coconut Candy “No Need for Plastic Palm Trees”€™ Elly Jackson Remix)
14. Paul Haig – Big Blue World
15. Kavinsky – Testarossa Autodrive (SebastiAn Remix)
16. La Roux – Under My Thumb
17. Gerry Rafferty – Right Down The Line
18. La Roux – Sidetracked (Continuous DJ Mix)
The 18th track is a continuous stream of the whole mixtape
as Elly wanted. It is magical, something few artists can do. I
searched and searched for this when it came out across
the pond, but came up empty handed. Finally found it, and
I am soooo happy. This'll tide me over til' she comes around
with a new album.


As a little bonus here's a great cover of Elly from another
favorite of mine, Miike Snow. Enjoy!

MIIKE SNOW - IN FOR THE KILL (LA ROUX COVER)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...